http://experiencealife.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Review: Midori Spring Ceremonial (GOLD) Matcha Green Tea

Tony and I are big tea drinkers (as well as coffee), but our favorite has always been green tea. Not only does it taste wonderful, but it is exceedingly good for you! But, I am picky about what green teas I drink. I received an offer from Midori Spring to review their Ceremonial GOLD Matcha Green Tea and thought, "What the heck?"
   It arrived in a cute little tin container. There was not a lot of it. When I opened the lid, I saw a green powder inside. It was not the standard green tea I was accustomed to - you know, in bags. The instructions on the container said to mix two teaspoons into hot water and mix well. Then, add more water to your taste. The instructions were more detailed, like how you should use bamboo spoons and whisks, but I figured my standard kitchen utensils would be just fine.
   The two teaspoons took a good dent out of the powder, which was disappointing, because I wanted to have it around for a while and I hadn't even drank it yet. I poured the boiling water on top of the powder in my mug, whisked it briskly and then added more water to the rim of my mug. I let it set for a while.
   That first sip was amazing! It was an intense and delightful green tea. I drank it as fast as the temperature would allow me to. Afterward, I got a pleasant amount of energy coursing through me. It was not like what you get from an energy drink - it was natural. And I had more focus on my day to day tasks. Of course, I was not surprised, as green tea does have that effect on people, but this was pure and wonderful.
   That being said, there is a downside to this tea. It tends to clump and thicken at the bottom of your mug. If you are a hardcore green tea lover, you might be able to stomach what is at the bottom. If not, I recommend either dumping it or adding more water. It is also rather spendy - $24.97 for 1.06 oz. But, if you get the opportunity and you want to try a healthy luxury, I recommend it.
Full disclosure: I was sent a container of this green tea for an honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment