http://experiencealife.blogspot.com/

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Natural Cure? Check It At the Door

As much as it pains me to write this, there are no natural cures for Type 1 diabetes. I love the natural medicine movement. I use it for minor illnesses - colds, flus,
headaches, sore throats, etc. While I do not know everything there is to know about the natural movement, I have done enough research and spoken to enough professionals to know that there are no natural cures for Type 1. The only treatment for Type 1 diabetics is insulin. Plain and simple.
   I have had a number of natural cures thrown at me over the years . . . and they are all used to treat Type 2. Which leads me to say that it is possible for Type 2 diabetics to reverse their condition through the natural cure of diet and exercise. I
   I got into a discussion about a year ago with some coworkers. They had the opinion that ANY condition can be cured through natural means. I told them that is not necessarily true and told them Type 1 diabetes is impossible to cure by eating just vegetables and fruit and exercising daily. While eating fresh produce and exercise does help keep our blood sugar under control, it is not going to cure it. Anyway, they did not believe me and proceeded to tell me about different diabetics they knew that reversed their condition. Again, I told them that was Type 2 diabetes, not Type 1.
   The biggest reason that there are no cures for Type 1 diabetes is this disease is not brought on by lifestyle. It was not brought on by bacteria or a virus. It happens because the body attacks itself. The immune system makes a mistake and destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. And this disease has been around for a millennia. There are historical reports from ancient Greece and Egypt about "sugar urine." That can only mean Type 1 diabetes. The bodies in those afflicted back then were desperately trying to rid the excess sugar in the blood stream by expelling it through the kidneys and the bladder. There is no doubt in my mind that those people died slowly and painfully - their muscles becoming so sore they could not move, their weight decreasing at a rapid rate, their thirst so intense that nothing could quench it, their minds clouded by the excess sugar in their brains, their nausea so bad they would not be able to hold down any food even though they were starving, their kidneys shutting down and finally slipping into comas and dying.
   If there was a natural cure for this, I'm sure they would have found something by now.
   That okra soaked in water cure that someone sent to me? Nope. The cinnamon that is sold in the Walmart aisle with the other diabetic supplies? Cinnamon is good for you, no doubt, but it's not going to cure me. Cinnamon will not even help Type 1 diabetics control their blood sugar levels. There are reports that it will help control Type 2, though. Those awesome hormone regulating pills sold in health food stores? It's not going to control my immune system.
   So, please check any and all natural cures at the door. Just accept the fact that insulin made by pharmaceutical companies is the only option available for Type 1's.

No comments:

Post a Comment