http://experiencealife.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Do the Sushi!

Tired of going from home to work? Tired of the same ol', same ol' every single day? You can change it! Life does not have to be boring. It does not have to be routine. No matter what your station in life, no matter what your financial
situation is, you CAN experience life!
   Life is more than paying bills and taking care of your family. It's more than going to a job every day. Life is meant to be lived and when you get caught up in the day-to-day tasks, it's easy to forget that.
   Maybe you don't know what it is that will entertain you. Well, get out there and experience new things. Not only will you create memories, but you will also learn more about yourself. You can't say you don't enjoy sushi if you have never tried it! I use this as my prime example. I grew up hating sushi, because my family did. I never tried it once. When my husband and I were just friends, we went out to eat at a Chinese buffet that happened to have sushi, as well.
   He came back to the table with some weird rice, seaweed, fish concoction - in a perfect circle. I asked him what it was. When he told me, I made an "EWW!" face. He asked me if I had ever tried it. And if I hadn't, how would I know that I truly did not like it? I reached deep inside myself, grabbed a plate and bravely faced down the dreaded sushi. I sat at our table, staring at the round circle of sushi, my nerve escaping me.
   "Just try it," my future husband said to me.
   I squared my jaw, picked up the piece . . . and bit into heaven! That was when I realized I LOVE SUSHI! It is almost a monthly staple in our house now! My daughter LOVES sushi! (Or shushi, as she calls it).
   How could I have never tried sushi? I grew up on a ranch near a town of about 30 people. The closest shopping hub - Mobridge, South Dakota - had 3,000 people. Needless to say, sushi was not in abundance. And for some reason, my family hated it, even though no one had ever eaten it. I hated it, even though I had never eaten it.
   So, look at every new experience as a form of sushi. You never know when you might love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment