http://experiencealife.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Free Insulin!

Those words are like honey on my tongue. As most Type 1's know, free insulin is not easy to come by, but when it does, it is oh so wonderful! Because insulin is expensive and is necessary for long-term living.
   Unlike a lot of other expensive prescription medications, insulin is not one where you can go, "I'm running out. I'll just take it every few days until my next paycheck comes in."  
   Nope. When you're running out of insulin, your reaction is more like: "FUCK! I can't afford some more until my next paycheck comes in. What the hell am I going to do?! Well, I guess I just won't eat."
   I have been caught in that predicament far too often. More than I comfortably like. And I cut back on my insulin intake, thus cutting back on my food, taking in around 800 calories a day until I get more insulin. Not healthy. Very stressful and exhausting. When that happens, the only energy I have that does not come from a carb-free energy drink, is used to lay down on the couch and close my eyes. Because I have no fuel in my body (aka - food) and because my blood sugar is far too high, which puts a strain on your body.
   But, the pharmaceutical company Lilly (the makers of Humalog) is providing vouchers for a free box of five Humalog pens. I have not used this yet, but I printed one out and will take it in to my pharmacy and see if they will accept it. I will let you know how that turns out. But, I encourage you to click on the link above and getting yourself your own box of free Humalog.

UPDATE: It totally worked! I got my free box of Humalog pens! WHOOP, WHOOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment