http://experiencealife.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Get a Discount on Lantus

The price of Lantus has risen quite a bit over the last few years. For Type 1 diabetics not on a pump, Lantus - a wonderful long-lasting insulin - is essential. It helps keep blood sugars stable throughout the day and night. 
   Through my insurance, I was paying $10 for a box of five Lantus pens. Imagine my surprise when I ordered another box and the pharmacist told me it was $60! I had the pharmacist at Walgreens check it twice. He assured me it was for one box. I had only set aside $10 for it, so I went without ordering another one. I instead opted to cut back on the amount of Lantus I was taking to make what I had left stretch. 
   When that started to go dry, I went to the Lantus website - and found a savings card. But, I had to qualify for it. I answered a few questions and waited eagerly for the results . . . and I got it! 
   I was immediately sent to a PDF page with a Lantus savings card on it. That card guarantees that I will pay no more than $25 per month for Lantus for a whole year!
   It sounded too good to be true. I immediately placed another order after I printed the card. When I went to Walgreens, I showed them the card. They entered the information and VOILA! $25! I did a happy dance next to the vibrating massage chair in the waiting area. 
   If you are in the same predicament and find you are paying more for Lantus than what you were a few months ago, go to this site. I wish I could tell you what the exact qualifications are, but that information was not provided while I answered the questions. Nor was it given afterward. 
   I wish you all the best of luck! Merry Christmas and may God bring us a cure soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment